Saturday 27 July 2019

Meet The Neighbours....

Last night we went to the 'meet the neighbours' meeting at the new development where we are buying our new home.  As expected, everyone was so much younger than us.  Think grandchildren rather than children and you will get the picture :/   We both felt a bit awkward as though we are moving in with the  GC but the people we spoke to were nice and friendly.  I guess in reality we will rarely see them once we have all moved in because, as luck would have it, our immediate neighbours (it's a  semi) have pulled out of the sale and it's up for reservation again. Typical...The couple we really wanted to see..... The site office had put on a lovely spread of nibbles, mini wraps, sandwiches, crisps and cakes but I was too shy to eat any of it although I did manage a glass of Prosecco!

The weather here today is so much cooler, thank goodness.  It took ages to cool the house down and I slept badly again last night as well as the night before when I sat on the edge of the bed watching the dawn rise.  It was raining throughout the night after about 3am so feels much, much fresher. Long may it continue!

Have a lovely day everyone and thanks so much for popping in x

7 comments:

  1. Don't worrry about the age thing, as long as every one is civil and polite, as you say you probably won't see that much of them.
    Take care
    Marlenex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will all work out brilliantly. Good neighbours are so important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some younger neighbors here in California, and I really like them. The kids are so friendly. It sounds like a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good mix of ages is better than everyone being the same age I find. The young ones have the physical strength!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting getting to meet all your new neighbours, that's something which doesn't happen when you buy a house which is already built. We've had rain here all day today and much cooler temperatures, I'm not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting times meeting most of your new neighbours, age is just a number so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a 'meet the neighbours' event.. What a lovely icebreaker

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx