Tuesday 8 January 2019

My New Bed is Here!

Firstly, thanks to all who posted comments on my last post.  I appreciate every single one.  Thanks for taking the time to commiserate, sympathise and offer generally cheering words.
 
This morning has been cold but quite bright and sunny, which makes a lovely change.  Today is also THE DAY!  My new bed arrived at 8.20am this morning and I have gone from this.....
 
 

to this....Yay!.....


The spare room is really tiny and there is very little room at the foot of the bed so opening the wardrobe will be a bit tricky.  I will need to push the bed away from the wall in order to do so but the bed is light and easy to slide about.

The reversible bedlinen is pale grey with a white ditsy print which cost just £9 (reduced from £18) from Sainsbury's, the bottom sheet just £3.  I used £10 worth of Nectar points so only had to spend £2 in cash.  I decided to use a double duvet to give me plenty of overhang and consequently plenty to cocoon myself in tonight :)  No hands and knees required tomorrow!!

On Sunday I had a good sort out in order to make some room so I'm happy to report:

1) a pile of flattened cardboard boxes which I found between the wardrobes (obviously kept because they could prove useful...hmm....not so) were recycled

2) 3 pretty items taken to the charity shop today

3) a bin bag full of non-recyclable 'stuff'' put into the skip

In addition the room was thoroughly vacuumed and dusted (including the walls) One room down, several to go :) All in all, a good start to my de-clutter month.

Stay safe everyone and thanks so much for popping in x

21 comments:

  1. I had a declutter in the bedroom where I keep my craft “stuff”.OmG I have sooooo much wool.If I hadn’t started the Sweet Pea CAL I would be crocheting blankets for the homeless.That sounds as though my priorities are wrong so the homeless blankets win to be done first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a wonderful project, those blankets. I never learned to crochet unfortunately. Well done x

      Delete
  2. A better night hopefully. I wish I had the energy to seriously de-clutter but a bit at a time will do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its very therapeutic having a good sort and clean. Pulling things out and putting them back. I love spring when you can throw all the windows and doors open and get a clean fresh breeze through the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you will get a well deserved comfortable nights rest tonight. What a bargain on the bedding, it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your rest tonight, so glad to read this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s looks cosy. I like the bed linen. You reminded me I have some nectar points to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was wondering in order to be able to get to the wardrobe without moving the bed could you put it horizontal under the window, or is there not enough length in the room for that? Just thinking out loud - sorry to be so nosey and I hope you don't think I being meddly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that at all Sue. No there is not enough length in the room as our computer desk is in there too and there's nowhere else to put it. The wardrobe is one that is used to store my craft stuff so doesn't need to be opened on a daily basis, fortunately.

      Delete
  8. Your bed will be wonderful tonight, hope you get a good sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh I hope you had a lovely comfy night.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should sleep like a baby, what a relief for you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx