Saturday 24 November 2018

Who Stole The Week?

Where on earth has this week gone? We have been catching up on various tasks that we've been putting off for ages. We've laid plastic down on the allotment so there's nothing more to be done until March/April when we can begin to peel it back and start cultivating (the wooden pallets will be re-purposed into something) ....



My Sister in Law had a 'big' birthday and someone (not me!) made her the most amazing cake.  She loves bingo, horse racing, the lottery anything, in fact, which involves a bit of a gamble.  If you look carefully there are even some edible £5 notes on the base !.....




G and I have been window shopping for gardening equipment that we might need next year and for some kind of reasonably priced storage box to take to the allotment. We visited Webbs of Wychbold where I drooled over the wonderful Christmas lights and decorations as well as having a mug of tea for £1.89 each in the (very busy) coffee shop. All I bought were a few bits from Hobbycraft for my card making so not too much spending going on.

On Wednesday, I went Christmas gift shopping with DD to our local shopping centre and managed to complete my gift buying, DD having to go back the next day too to finish hers.  Some money saving ways are definitely rubbing off onto her because she researched prices online before she went back so that she knew exactly where to buy things at the cheapest prices :) That's my girl!  I might start the gift wrapping next weekend when I put up the decorations.  It will be 1st December and perfect to begin the festivities.

G is still suffering with his neck so can't sit still for long.  Fair enough, but it means I can't sit still for long either and my crafting 'me time' has flown out of the window because we have to go out every day at some stage and it gets dark really early now so the light has disappeared by about 3pm.  I also miss my quiet reading time.  I will have to try to be a bit more organised at the weekend when G is at work so that I can fit in a bit of both reading and crafting.  The housework will have to be sidelined methinks ;)

Update:  the postie has just delivered a letter for G with NHS emblazoned across the envelope.  A hospital appointment hopefully.  Watch this space...

A warm welcome to Milentry, my new follower.

Have a lovely weekend and stay safe wherever you are x

6 comments:

  1. Last week went by at great speed, I'm just picking up leaves in our garden at the moment and waiting counting down the weeks until the spring bulbs appear. Our decs will be going up next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole of this year seems to have flown by, the allotment will be something to look forward to next year. Wishing you both good health. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a delicious cake! The details are so thoughtful. I hope you get the appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That certainly was an impressive cake. Hope it as the long awaited appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crumbs you soon got the allotment into shape. Let's hope the NHS sort hubbies neck. There's nothing worse then niggling pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake is so beautiful. I like it...kisses

    Follow for follow? <3

    http://www.ioannesstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx