Saturday 27 October 2018

Winning Big....Yay!

I went to Sainsburys this morning and put my monthly £10 worth of petrol into the car.  I handed over my 200 points voucher and could have kissed the cashier when he said " Oh, you've got the big one!" 


I had won 5000 points worth £25. It will be a massive help with the Christmas shopping.  I celebrated by treating myself to a skinny cappuccino in M & S....




Then I went into Sainsbugs to get a few bits of shopping for the weekend where I also picked up some staples for the food bank (toiletries as well as pasta & sauce etc) My 5000 points were added to my Nectar account immediately.  As I had spent £13 the till churned out another voucher worth 500 points (£2.50)….
 
 
 

 Oooh I like this game :)
 
My Nectar points total has risen to an amazing £66 so far, so I won't have to worry about food for Christmas.  This will be particularly helpful because DD is finding it a struggle at the moment so I will be able to help her out too.  This also means that I can happily use my sealed pot money (pot opening day 1st November) to buy gifts. I'll let you know the total of that soon.

I have had a small craft sale of £10.37 nett to add to my Stash to Cash challenge...

Who else has had a good result at Sainsbugs?

Stay safe everyone and thanks everso for popping in x

Stash to Cash Total £177.02

20 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so pleased for you Angie, I must admit I don't shop at Sainsbury's as it is the other end of town for us.
    Marlene xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlene, I don't do my big shop at Sainsburys, usually just a weekend top up, but it's definitely worth playing the system for points xx

      Delete
  2. Lucky you! I've got £36 on nectar and may have to break into it as next week I owe the dentist £200! What was that song? All I want for Christmas is two front teeth???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great result. Sainsburys is a little out of the way but I do like lots of their own brand things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things seem to be cheaper at the moment Tania x

      Delete
  4. So pleased for you!
    I split my shopping today and paid for the 2 halves separately. I won 1000 points on one, and 500 on the other, so thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news, congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I hope you enjoyed your skinny cappuccino. I just had a fat one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled for you, a wonderful bonus. Sadly we don't have a Sainsbury's here on the Island but I do save my Cop dividend and Tesco points for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Points from anywhere are worth having, aren't they MM. It all helps.

      Delete
  7. ohh what a nice surprise , We don't go to sainsburys much now as its so expensive but i might try it again now xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly worth looking out for the special points promotions, Eileen, even if you don't do a main shop there xx

      Delete
  8. Well done.
    As they say 'every little helps'. Oops, wrong supermarket!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx