Saturday 20 October 2018

Sleepless in Seattle and Plucking up Courage

Yes, I know I've been decidedly AWOL but life has been throwing a lot of lemons our way lately. G is still suffering with his twitchy head and we have both been losing enormous amounts of sleep.  He has had Physio at the hospital, visited an Osteopath and had manipulation as well as acupuncture in his neck over the last 3 weeks, all to no avail at the moment.  He is now on the hospital waiting list for Botox injections but the appointment could be 2 months away.  It's currently costing us £90 a week in fees :/  He is very stressed by it all but I really don't want him to go down the slippery slope of taking Diazepam.  He is already on pills for other things including high blood pressure.  The reading has hit the roof and he was prescribed Calcium Channel blockers early this week.   Last night we both got around 2 hours of restless sleep and I have felt like a zombie all day.  G was brave and went in to work.  He'll be back around 8.30pm tonight.

This morning I set to and sorted the spare room out.  The wardrobe has been cleared of unused 'stuff ' most of which went to the CS but I gave an artist neighbour a nearly new easel, gave a hardly used backpack to a cheerful young care worker, who visits a neighbour and took several black bags of rubbish up to the skip.  This now means that, if necessary, I can sleep in the spare room on the floor in a sleeping bag so that G doesn't worry so much about waking me up when he has to get up for painkillers or to put the kettle on or put his heat wrap in the microwave.  When your bedroom is right next to the kitchen in a park home every click and rumble is LOUD !

When I was in town I plucked up the courage to speak to a young man who appears to be homeless and who sits on the pavement in all weathers.  He made eye contact and said hello so I asked if he minded if I offered to get him a drink.  It was blooming cold.  He asked if he could possibly have a hot chocolate so I bought him one as well as a slice of hot, fresh pizza.  Now that I know he doesn't mind being approached it won't be the last time I buy him something.

My craft sales have been a bit neglected over the last 3 weeks due to me being exhausted most of the time so I can only add £11.50 to the total.  I am, however, determined to keep going....

Stay safe everyone and thanks so much for popping in x

 Stash to Cash total £166.65

19 comments:

  1. Lack of sleep is exhausting isn't it? I hope you both manage a decent rest tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy when one of you falls ill, I can vouch for that. We sleep in seperate rooms and although at first I felt a bit guilty we are used to it now and we both get a good nights sleep.
    I do hope you get things sorted out soon.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, Briony, it's only now we have begun telling people about our sleeplessness that we have begun to realise how many of our neighbours sleep apart. Thank you for your good wishes x

      Delete
  3. I am a teribje sleeper which comes from having been a shift worker all my life. I feel fir you both. Sleepbus so important. At leasr im retired now so mot as bad. Your sales are ticking along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, Tania, you too :/ It's a good job I'm retired too, I'd be a wreck at work.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you are not having the best of times lately. I hope your husband can get some relief from his neck pain and you can both get some decent sleep. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sweet that you bought that man a hot chocolate and a piece of pizza. I bet you really lifted his spirits. I'm sorry your husband is having a hard time. It's too bad that he has to wait so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The young man was all smiles when I gave him his lunch, he has a lovely face. I just hope he has somewhere safe to go at night. Thank you for your good wishes :) x

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about your lack of sleep, its such a good idea to have separate rooms for while. Hope your husband gets some relief soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MM, I hope your hubby is feeling better too x

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry to hear that your husband's health worries continue and I hope that sleeping in another room will help you to get back on track with your sleep.

    That was a lovely thing you did for that young man.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ask at the hospital if they have a discount parking scheme, most do for different departments. I paid £10 for one days parking, but I got a ticket with 7 days parking for £18, with the cost of fuel, it's an expensive thing to regularly visit hospital. I hope G gets a solution soon, and you both get the much needed sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a girl homeless in our local town and I really feel for her. I must offer her some support next time I see her. Wish I could suggest something to help with the next problem. I am resorting to rubbing ibuprofen gel on my aches and pains before trying to sleep at present. Its either a sore hip on the right or cramp in left leg. Old age!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can empathise with the sleepless nights but sadly can’t offer any help. Worrying about family keeps me awake and now I try to lie quietly and practise mindfullness. DH has restless legs and we have been trialling magnesium baths to see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx