Friday 6 July 2018

Relentless Heat & Home Produce

The relentless heat has continued all week, with nights so humid and hot that it has disrupted our sleep.  Last night, in particular, I was so restless that I just couldn't sleep, even with the windows open to let in the cool night air.  My joints ached, my back twinged and I was hot to the extent that I got up at midnight to sit in the cooler living room for a bit.  I went back to bed at 1.30am but slept fitfully. I know I should be grateful but excessive heat really doesn't suit me and my tummy feels bloated because my normal eating patterns have been disrupted :(  Pleeeease let us have a drop of rain soon.....

On a happier note, a very warm welcome to my new follower, Rosemary, I don't always moan I promise you! :)

Also on the plus side, we have been eating some absolutely gorgeous strawberries from our pots, a few tasty radishes too and our potatoes are almost ready to eat.  The flowers have gone over so they should be ready in about a weeks time, I think.  Apparently, potatoes stop growing if the temperature reaches 25 degrees, which it certainly has for about two weeks now, so they could be very small (but perfectly formed, I hope!)  I'll show you when we dig some up.

On the Stash to Cash challenge, after fees and postage there is £25.31 to add to my pot from selling my makes and I have some bids on items closing today on eBay.  I am going to persist with the monthly craft fair until the end of the year because I would like to make a total of  £120 for shhh… Christmas ...gifts and the next one is a week tomorrow. The current  total is below....

Enjoy your day folks and thanks everso for popping in x



Stash to Cash:  £84.49

4 comments:

  1. I am so over this heatwave-it doesn’t suit me at all. I broke my sewing machine this week because my hands were slippy and I dropped a new needle Iwas fitting and it’s stuck. My attention span is zero and I’m exhausted from lack of sleep. Hope we bet some rain soon and cooler temperatures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just too much, isn't it, Catriona. We need some respite now. Take care x

      Delete
  2. Surprisingly I have been sleeping quite well. I have to have the fan going and I think the noise bores me to death and I drop off after a while.
    I so wish I liked strawberries. I would love to grow some to eat from the garden but I can't bear the taste of them....well unless it's strawberry jam but then that leads to scones and clotted cream...no, no, no....we won't even go there...lol.
    Your Stash To Cash is growing nicely and hopefully you'll reach your target for Christmas gifts.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The noise of the fan whirring keeps me awake so we only have it on for a short time. You don't like strawberries, Sheila? (said in an incredulous tone :/ !!) We love them! Mind you scones, jam and cream sounds even better :) lol.... xx

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx