Saturday 21 July 2018

Hot, hot, hot and Rain Song

It's almost 2 weeks since my last post and it's been incredibly hot ever since, so much so that my energy has evaporated like the moisture from the garden.  I still don't feel like eating properly as it's much too hot to cook and we don't really have an appetite for hot meals anyway.  G is getting really fed up with salad but he doesn't know what he fancies, so that's no help. 

Yesterday my GS had his leaving assembly from junior school and I went to the church service.  It was lovely but I felt a bit sad that he will be at Secondary school in September and we will no longer have small children with Nativity plays etc to weep over :/  Children grow so fast, don't they.  I still have a wee GD in Oz but I can't actually give her a real hug over the internet now can I.

Anyway, as I was driving home it began to spot with rain so when I arrived I got G to sing 'Danny Boy'.  His voice is totally off key and it did the trick, it rained gently for over 2 hours! ...lol... Perhaps I should rent him out? It was blissfully cool all evening with a gentle breeze blowing through the open windows and cooling us down.  By this morning it was more hot sunshine but now (4.30pm) the clouds have arrived and it's feeling a tad better.  I must admit that I HAVE HAD ENOUGH NOW! More rain please? The water butt is still only 1/4 full.

I have had a bit more success with my Stash to Cash challenge over the last week.  I cleared £15.30 at the craft fair and a neighbour has just paid me £4.50 for a couple of special cards, therefore the new total is

Stash to Cash total £110.92

I have some sales on fleabay but I will need to buy a few things in the next few days; more double sided tape, some gems and a couple of metres of thin ribbon for bows.  I'll use the fleabay money so won't count the money raised from that sale .

Hope you are all coping with the weird weather across the world.  Take care...

Thanks so much for popping in x

17 comments:

  1. We had rain last night, just for an hour, but better than nothing. Like you the heat had gotten to me, really good at sitting and reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too hot to do much else Marlene, reading sounds good :)

      Delete
  2. I think Andy is pretty impressed with the effect constant salad eating is having on him. He had lost weight when he went for his check up in the week.
    So looking forward to Marlowe doing nativity plays and things as Ruby's school doesn't have year 2 and over in theirs and I miss it.
    Well done on your stash to cash challenge....it's looking good.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do envy you having Ruby and Marlowe, they are at such lovely ages when they want to do things with you, like crafting and playing :) Lucky Andy, I haven't lost an ounce! xx

      Delete
  3. Well done on your sales. We had some rain yesterday but now it’s just ghastly again! We were having salad again tonight and I could only eat half of it-I just went right of it. We’re tidying the garden and have filled the garden bin so have stopped now. Think we may have sold some caravan water containers but you never know if folk will turn up or not. Time for a cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catriona, I have had enough salad for at least a couple of months as well! Hope your buyers turned up.

      Delete
  4. No rain here in Mid Suffolk.
    I think I have to whisper that I might be the only person still enjoying this summer's heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, Sue, you must be a hardy soul! And no rain at all?? Aarrgh...

      Delete
  5. We had a couple of hours gentle rain last night. It has freshened things up ever so lightly. Children grow and change so much when they move on to secondary school don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they just, Cherie, I am going to miss having tinies around. Big boys don't want hugs from Nan once they get to secondary school :(

      Delete
  6. We went to our grandson's final concert in Primary School on Thursday,a four drive from here to there!Only one grandchild left in Primary school and the eldest one off to uni in September.Where does the time go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time certainly flies, doesn't it. A four hour drive is certainly dedication to Grandparental (is that a word?) duties. I bet the concert was lovely :)

      Delete
  7. Rain has been a companion on and off for a few days now and sadly the temperatures are not nearly as high as the rest of the country. Time is certainly flying by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, MM, rain on and off sounds so lovely right now. The gardens are parched still.

      Delete
  8. Please can I borrow your Rain Man? I feel exhausted all the time with this heat and am tired of watering all the pots and plants in the garden every evening. Black clouds were sighted yesterday - but they went elsewhere. I shouldn't complain though, when you hear about all the terrible wildfires in other places. I live in Cornwall on the edge of Bodmin Moor and dread a fire breaking out; the grass is bone dry, but thank goodness there is still greenery on the higher parts where the sheep, cattle and ponies can graze. Their drinking holes have dried up, though and that worries me, with many foals around now.
    Did you manage to dig up a few potatoes - and were they perectly formed and tasty? I do hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - I am Rosemary; Rambler is my online name!

      Delete
    2. Rosemary, he'll sing just for you and your bit of Bodmin ;) everywhere here is tinder dry too and it's such a worry in case of fire. The poor animals too. Perhaps it will rain within the next 24 hours for you.
      Yes, we dug up the potatoes and they are lovely, I'll post a photo soon.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx