Tuesday 17 April 2018

Computer Blues and Crafty News

Oh gawd, what a day today.  Yesterday was a gorgeous day.  The sun shone, the lawn got mowed and the borders tidied.  I did the food shop whilst OH tackled the chores, we ate a lovely tea and then just as we settled down to a bit of internet surfing....boom...our computer threw a wobbly.  We lost all our files, precious photos, important documents, the lot.  The backup wouldn't work either.  The PC has been an absolute pain ever since the intervention of the "improved" (how I hate that word) Windows 10.  Poor OH has spent all of today trying everything he can think of to restore normal function.  We have certain things back but the email account has had to be changed and all my saved files are gone. If it had been down to me to fix it, it would have gone out the window first thing this morning.  Bless him, he has worked wonders.  We have a tablet but it's just too small to work on and the predictive text makes sure I send some weird messages :?

I'm writing this post while I can, but can't be sure when I can write my next one because the PC needs to be tackled again soon.  We have security sorted but I don't quite trust it all yet.  How are you getting on with Windows 10 updates??

I have a quick update to my Stash To Cash total.  My neighbour popped in for coffee this morning and purchased some cards, so £5 has been added to the total.

Stay safe everyone and thanks so much for popping in.  Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible! lol...xx



Stash To Cash £39.90



10 comments:

  1. I am having Windows 10 updating everytime I turn off the computer. From 33 updates I am now on number 23. I do not know what updates I am getting, but have trawled through some and deleted them as its just not what I ever use. Have not googled all this yet to stop it... So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the updates can actually BE stopped which is frustrating. Our PC was fine until update after update (some of them failing to install too)Grrr...

      Delete
  2. I hope you get it all sorted soon. I really wish I could go back to Windows XP.

    Well done on the card sale:)
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XP was fine for us too, Sheila, I am getting really annoyed with Windows 10 xx

      Delete
  3. On my lap top and old computer I have refused to take the updates and am about 3 versions back. Both are so old they could not cope (like me). My husband let it happen on the new one and has had some problems especially e mail. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nightmare Trish. We're still not sorted but I hope you're doing better now :)

      Delete
  4. I think they should make a Windows Light , for those us who just want to surf the net a little , do a few office chores and store photos etc . 90% of what they give us is of no use and pointless . There must be a market for Windows Sundowners edition as well , doesnt let you answer any emails except those from a designated list , gives you 20 checks if you want to use your card online then only lets you use designated sites , preloaded with John Wayne movies etc etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a brilliant idea Kate. Why does no-one SIMPLIFY things? Do you fancy a new career?? ;)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx