Monday 12 March 2018

On Mothers Day and Sir Ken Dodd

Yesterday was Mother's Day in the UK and DD invited me to lunch as OH was working (as usual) so I would have been alone.  She served me a delicious lunch and gave me a beautiful card and some perfume :)  She should have been chilling out herself, after all it was her day too, so I appreciated it all the more.  I hope mothers everywhere had a wonderful day too.  What did you do?

It has been announced that the legend Sir Ken Dodd has passed away.  Now I know his act was not to everyone's taste but his style was fun, silly and clean. There were never any smutty jokes and I remember listening to him on the radio whilst I did my homework during the 1960's. Father-in Law loved to listen to him and once we treated him to tickets to Ken's show when he appeared at Dudley Town Hall.  He was on stage for over 3 hours!  The snow came down thick and fast outside and still people stayed and laughed with him.  Rest in peace Doddy x



Stash to Cash update:  Brooch sold £3
eBay nett sale: £4.25
Totals updated....

Food shopping today! I need to write a list now and stick to it!

Stay safe everyone and thanks for popping in x

Stash To Cash £29.50
eBay     £4.25

6 comments:

  1. Aaaah....bless your daughter for treating you well on Mother's Day.

    So sad to read about Ken Dodd this morning.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Sheila, but he had a lovely life by the sound of things x

      Delete
  2. I was brought up in Liverpool and my great grandmother lived in Knotty Ask also the home of Sir Ken Dodd. He lived in the house he was born in all his life. I went to se his shows as a child regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tania, he seemed to be very down to earth and unassuming. Knotty Ash featured very heavily in his material, didn't it.

      Delete
  3. I'm one of the few who didn't like him, but as you say he was very well loved with a clean and tasteful act, and he was a good all round entertainer, there's not that many of those these days.

    One of my minor claims to fame is that I went to secondary school with a girl who spent one of her dancing summers being a 'Diddy Man', she loved it and did a talk at school about the experience after the tour ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A 'Diddy Man'! How wonderful for a child to experience that. My only claim to fame is that I was at school with Sue Lawley, the newsreader. She was older than me and never spoke to me :/ Ah well.... :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx