Saturday 17 March 2018

No Skimmed Milk And A Crafty Day

Firstly a very warm welcome to Edwina, Jacqueline and Buddha Girl...Hello!

Thanks so much to everyone who commented on my last post.  It seems there are gaps on supermarket shelves all over the UK.  Sheila (Life's Too Short To Iron Tea Towels) couldn't get baked beans or tinned tomatoes and Sue (A Challenging Year) couldn't find any frozen peas.  I needed milk again this morning and Mr M, the closest supermarket after dropping OH off at work, had absolutely NO skimmed milk at all.  I bought semi-skimmed rather than do without completely but I don't like it in tea :(  Winters End Rambler suggested that the shortage is down to the farmers having to pour away their milk during the snow as they couldn't get it to market.  What a waste and how absolutely devastating for the farmer.  The worst thing is that more snow is forecast this weekend despite having had a few lovely sunny days this week.  At the moment we have flurries of snow and I'm really, really hoping it will hold off until after 6pm when I am due to collect OH from work.  I am terrified of driving in heavy snow.

So far I have resisted spending any money in my Stash To Cash challenge; not a single penny.  I have been tempted, believe me, but I've deleted special offer emails without reading them, skipped past the craft mags in the supermarket and simply refused to enter the doors of The Range store! I still have LOADS of stash to use up and I'm even finding things I'd forgotten I had.....bonus!

I have virtually the whole day to myself so now it will be a shower and washing of my hair, I can put a henna wax treatment on for about 15 minutes too, which helps re-hydrate my very dry silver hair.  Then some crafting until around 1pm when I need to put a beef stew into the slow cooker for tonight.  It should make two good portions but I might try to bulk it out with extra veg to make an extra portion.  That will give OH one for tonight, one for tomorrow and one to freeze for when I simply can't be arsed bothered with cooking ;) My own food will be simple today, soup for lunch and fish fingers for tea.  I don't eat as much when I'm crafting because I don't want to stop!

Oh, I had an eBay sale £1.85 nett (WOW! I hear you say....I know, I know ;) It all helps....

Thanks so much for popping in. Stay safe and have a lovely day x

Stash To Cash £29.50
eBay     £22.22

4 comments:

  1. Oh I just don't want any more snow. We've had a tiny bit this morning but it's stopped now.
    Hope you have a lovely crafting day.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddha Girl here....thanks for the hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have everything crossed we miss the snow.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx