Sunday 11 February 2018

Wartime Rationing Blogs

More and more blogs seem to be tacking the issue of wartime rationing but ,at the moment, I am avidly reading Sue's one A Challenging Year.  She is about to embark on living off rations for real.  I find that a very scary prospect indeed. Sue is eating vegan too so it must be doubly hard.  She is including her hubby too (a meat eater) so I can't wait for the meal planning and cooking to begin.  Brave woman!

Thinking of my Turn Stash into Cash Challenge,  I have made my first sale....£1.60. Crikey, at this rate my challenge will last until next Christmas! Next month should see a big improvement when I have more free time to list stuff so watch this space...lol...


The weather here has been very mixed and unpredictable, even for the UK.  Last night's gale force winds kept me wide awake for a while and today we have sun and then snow alternating every couple of hours :/. Roll on Spring.

Stay safe everyone and thanks ever so for popping in x



5 comments:

  1. All these bloggers doing the WWII rations thing are really inspiring aren't they? So much so that I'm seriously thinking of giving it a go too, and have just written about it. Well done on the sale, every little helps! We had gale force winds here too throughout the night, I got up finally about 03.20 as it was keeping me awake....consequently I feel like death warmed up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I tried to force any kind of rationing on Andy I'd be in the divorce court quicker than you could say dried eggs.
    I'll just have to read everyone's experiences instead.
    Hope your sales pick up for you soon.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the War Time Rationing theme is a great insight into what it was like. Watching programs like Back in Time for Tea/Dinner certainly bring it home what people had to deal with during this period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just been reading some of those blog posts and an old memory popped up. My Granny used to make a big pot of stew and a huge plain steamed pudding. We would have half the pudding with the stew and then the other half with jam OR custard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the mention, it is proving to be an eye opening but extremely tasty challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx