Saturday 17 February 2018

I have Internet Access!!

Golly, I've got proper internet access for today!  Yay! I really miss not being able to comment on blogs or to reply to kind comments on my own posts.  The tablet or hubby's phone just don't hack it for me  :(  anyway, thanks to all who commented on my last post.  It seems wartime rationing is in fashion in a big way, although I'm not sure I would have the patience to work it all out.  I heartily echo the comments Sheila made!

Welcome too to my new followers: Marjorie, Babs and Sue...hello!

Well hasn't our weather been all over the place the last week or so?  Today is beautifully sunny and dry which is a welcome respite from the snow, frost, rain and sleet we've been getting.  It makes me just want to hunker down wrapped in a blanket and read, and read. Trouble is it makes me feel plump and unfit.  Roll on the warmer weather so that we can get outside a bit more.  All the gardeners must be pawing the ground waiting to begin the Spring planting.  Only 11 more days and it will be March  (oh dear, I'm wishing my life away again......)

The good news is that I have been able to do some guilt-free knitting for the charity shop. One little jacket finished, apart from the minimal sewing required, and I might just have enough of the pale peach yarn left to knit a matching hat or bootees.  Decisions, decisions....

Over the last couple of weeks we have been trawling the charity shops in Bridgnorth for lovely things to buy and put on eBay next month.  There are loads of CS's in one street alone in High Town with some good quality stuff.  Does anyone else CS there?  I LOVE the Cancer Research one in particular.

Anyway, that's all for the moment, I'll share pics of my purchases in March. 

Stay safe and thanks so much for popping in x

13 comments:

  1. Hi Angie, no internet access can be very frustrating.
    Good luck with your buying and reselling. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene. Yes, lack of proper internet is driving me mad! Normal service should resume next month! xx

      Delete
  2. I hope you find some good stuff to sell. eBay sent me an email last week offering free listings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania. I love the free listings and capped selling fees offers :)

      Delete
  3. I love a wander around the charity shops when I visit Bridgnorth. Always come home with something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have to worry about the garden as that is Roz's province....I just wanna get out and clean me windows without the threat of freezing myself to death...lol.
    Ooooh....good luck with the CS stuff. Hope it sells well for you.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Sheila, it's brass monkey weather! Xx

      Delete
  5. Hope you manage to find some bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to have a mooch in the CS when we pop into Bridgnorth - but if I have the Grandchildren with me, it tends to get either difficult or expendive lol - have you looked in the ones in Church Stretton - those are quite good and there are a few in Shrewsbury - trouble is the prices they charge there xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh no...I haven't tried any of those. Perhaps later in the year...mmmm... I do agree that some CS shops are very expensive though. Kidderminster is really pricey and the stuff not particularly good either xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love our Save the children CS, they always have lovely toys for our grandsons. I am itching to be in the garden, my plan is sow seeds in the greenhouse this week.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx