Tuesday 5 December 2017

December Preparations




December already! The shops are full of lights, Christmas music and lovely Christmassy gifts.  The weather is just the opposite; dull, dismal and moist this morning, but I don't care.  Colourful flashing lights are on our Forsythia bush just outside the study window, cards have started to arrive and I have put up minimal decorations in the living room.  We gave up having a tree when we moved to the bungalow.  I can't stand the dust it creates (or dropped needles if it's real) and you can't clean properly for weeks but I do need a bit of bling and lights!

My cards have been written.  Some have been posted (to friends who'll be away in Spain for Christmas) and my gifts have been wrapped (in paper bought with Nectar points and using labels and bows left from last year).  I totted up what has been spent on gifts this year.  The total value of bought gifts (if bought at marked prices) is £273.50 but the actual cash spent was £128.50 I'm really pleased with all the savings.  I counted gifts bought with Boots and Nectar points as being free.  In addition, cash popped into children's cards came to £30 therefore a total outlay of £158.50 has been made (which I saved for all year)  I must admit, I've made a few gifts too but I think everyone has something they will like and we will begin the new year without having anything on a credit card!

I have begun to fill the freezer with goodies, am stockpiling tinned stuff (buying a little extra each week within budget) and it goes without saying that I am dropping stuff into the Food Bank trolley too.  I am READY!!

How are you all doing? Any more early birds out there?

Have a lovely day and thanks everso for popping in x

6 comments:

  1. We have store cupboard, cleaning and frozen enough to last to the new year. Our turkey is already in the freezer. We have £50 on our Co-op points for the fresh stuff later in the month. Nothing on the credit card, so like you we are doing well. BUT I have my huge tree up, I love to see the corner so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost ready here. I need to buy a ham and then just the fresh stuff. The tree is up and everywhere is getting cleaned within an inch of it's life.
    You did well with all of your savings.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have much to do now, I sort out bits and bobs throughout the year, saves time and money, you did very well saving your points., Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very organised. I'm a little envious. I've still some gifts to get, decorations to hang etc. but having cut back on buying for some people this year I'm finding it much less stressful. You've done really well with your budget. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m done with spending now. All ready early this year. I do like a few twinkly lights. It helps to brighten my mood on these dark full days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness... you're organised. I've got all the cards organised but still need to write them. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx