Thursday 2 November 2017

The Best Laid Plans....

Thank you all for the good wishes yesterday.  It seems that many good women are born in November or under the strong sign of Scorpio :)

Well, yesterday didn't turn out to be the happy day we planned.  It was Son-in-Law's 50th birthday on the day too (which was why we were planning on having a lovely meal together) but he had a phone call to say that his father, who was in hospital, had taken a turn for the worse.  He passed away at 7.55am just before the family got there, so birthday celebrations were the last thing on SIL's mind.  I felt very restless and fidgety so OH took us off for a drive in the car.  We pushed SIL's cards through the door and stopped in the village for a pot of tea and a teacake on the way back.
Later on I had a text to say that the birthday meal was still on as the family needed to eat anyway but on arrival at the restaurant we discovered that the kitchen had no gas so couldn't prepare any food! For goodness sake what a day.  DD quickly rang around to find a nearby pub which had a table free and we did eventually eat together albeit a bit more sombrely than we had intended.  I didn't even fancy a glass of wine, I just had some water.  Now that's a novelty!!

I don't envy DD & family the next couple of weeks.  There's a heck of a lot of sorting out to do and already 'Big Sis' is being bossy, martyred and demanding all the sympathy....sigh....

End of BST

Since the clocks went back an hour at the end of British Summer Time, the nights are coming earlier and the mornings are colder and misty.  We had a bit of frost yesterday morning and the fog was quite thick at 8pm last night whilst driving home.  Winter is on it's way!  Janice from Jan's Jabber blog was expecting their first snowfall in Alberta Canada.  I love to see the first snowfall but get fed up quite quickly if I have to venture out in it.  I need to make sure the cupboards are full of useful stuff to make quick meals from...just in case....

Do you like snow? Or is it a pain in the butt?

Stay warm and have a lovely day wherever you happen to be x

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your day didn't go as planned, and sorry for sil's loss, a very sad and difficult time, but when these things happen I think it makes us stop and appreciate life a bit more. I don't mind snow now, but it is a pain if you have to go out to work, I used to hate driving in it. Stay cosy, its a cold one hear today. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Driving in snow and ice is a real worry for me too Marlene. Stay warm! x

      Delete
  2. We never know what a day will bring. What a shocker. So sorry to hear that. We had a frost here this week. Time to get ready for winter.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snow, but it's best at the weekends, traveling in snow is not great. Sad news on your birthday, hope you get another treat soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to read your sad news. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that your birthday didn't go as planned. What sad news.

    I'm a big snow lover. If snow is predicted I will sit up with the curtains open and an outside light on until I see it with my own eyes although in our part of the Midlands we don't seem to get much.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get much snow here in Worcestershire either but a hard winter has been forecast this time :/ x

      Delete
  6. So sorry to read your families day didn't go as planned but glad that you were all able to go out for a meal, even under the circumstances.
    Well, the snow arrived! It started snowing last night and it's supposed to keep snowing until Saturday afternoon. The neighbours have shovelled twice and I've done it once-three of us do each others. Having lived here over 50 years driving in these conditions isn't an issue, we're used to it. The depressing part is this is the start of it and we will now have it off and on (more on) until May!!!!!! Of course this would be the weekend that I have a 2 day craft show, hope people still come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness...so much snow already! I do hope your craft weekend goes well and you sell lots x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx