Thursday 23 June 2016

A Satisfyingly Frugal Day


We decided to go to the cinema this morning. Eddie The Eagle was on at the Odeon Silver Cinema so for £3 each we had a lovely coffee, a couple of biccies and a brilliant film.  The cinema was raising money for MIND, the mental health charity, and selling raffle tickets at just 50p each so we both bought one not really expecting to win anything but it's a very worthwhile cause so we went for it.  Just before the film began a young man entered the screen area and drew 3 winners.  We won a voucher for a free coffee and cake at Costa, located within the cinema!  Woohoo!  After watching the very enjoyable and heartwarming film, I took the voucher to Costa and asked if we could have a take out....no problem :) Oh, and we had a free Sun newspaper too!


We took them home and shared them with a sandwich for lunch.

Our Residents' Association is planning a fun afternoon to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen's birthday and I thought I could help with prizes for the raffle and tombola so I had a rummage and filled a bag with various new items and dropped them off to the organiser, another job done....


The car has been booked in for it's MOT next week...tick...a bargainous £29

I had received an email from BT offering an upgrade to unlimited broadband at a cost very similar to what we pay now so I applied for that online and it should start tomorrow...tick...

Whilst on the BT site I noticed an offer for mobile phones at just £5 per month with unlimited texts, 500 mg data and 200 minutes free calls.  Now, as I don't connect to the internet I hadn't considered changing from PAYG on which I spend £10 per month but as my GD seems to enjoy texting me with all her news ...lol... the unlimited texts does actually appeal.  I took up the offer which will, potentially, save me £5 per month (at least)  I'll let you know how I get on when my new Sim card arrives.

By then I felt kna**ered    erm.. very tired so we tootled off to vote in the referendum after which OH treated me to a nice glass of red at the pub...mmmm (satisfied sigh)

Tea was Spanish omelette with red onion, cooked peas, halved cherry tomatoes which had gone soft, 3 eggs and some strong grated cheese, served with buttered baby potatoes, followed by the last bit of trifle shared. Simple and satisfying.

Now, methinks, a nice warm bath (shallow of course :) followed by a mug of tea, a bit of baby knitting and a good drama at 9pm followed by zzzzzzzzz

Isn't it satisfying when you get a lot done in one day :)

See you in the morning for the referendum results, take care all x

1 comment:

  1. You did have a frugal day didn't you, hubby and I must go to the cinema more often as we have 2 for 1 tickets ( an insurance deal) we can go every week if we choose to. I had a very similar tea, nice cheap and tasty xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx