Sunday 8 March 2015

Beautiful Gifts & Value Update

It's so hard to believe that it has been a week since I last posted.  I have no idea where the days have gone, each one has been filled to the brim. At the start of last week I opened my door and was greeted by something lying on the mat...it was this.....
 

 
 
 
Isn't it gorgeous?  My lovely neighbour had left it for me as a thank you for looking after her home whilst she was on holiday.  A couple of days later a friend came to the door with these....


They too were a thank you for looking after Ern, the tortoise, who I am very happy to report :) has been successfully brought out of hibernation this week and who is eating as much cucumber & broccoli as he can manage!

Yesterday, I went to see my DD as she has been very poorly over the last couple of months.  I took her some bits and pieces and some live yogurt to help replenish her system after having 2 courses of antibiotics and she gave me these....


I had used my only vase for the other flowers so I wielded a craft knife and a plastic water bottle was turned into an emergency vase in a jiffy.  I think it looks ok. From a distance it actually looks as if it's glass.

Outside, my pot of tete a tete is flowering at last although some of the bulbs have gone blind and it might need re-doing later on.  I can also see from the photo that the brick garden wall will need a bit of a scrub later :/    It's raining heavily today so it will have to wait (any old excuse...)  There is no wind so the rain is falling straight down and making a lovely comforting sound on the roof.  I think it will be a crispy jacket potato for lunch with some baked beans, lovely and warming, then an afternoon crafting. DH is at work until 4.30pm but he has taken the car so I don't need to go out...hoorah!

 
 
 
Being of Value...update
 
 
I have made a start on finding other ways to be of value in the world:
 
  •  I made a donation of food items to the local Food Bank yesterday and will do so every single week for the whole year
  • I sold a hand knitted baby hat for £1 and donated the money to Help for Heroes ( I know, I know )
  • I am listing things on eBay (free listing at the moment) and will donate half the proceeds to BLISS. The remainder of the money will buy more wool to knit more items to sell.
It doesn't sound like much but the important thing is I have made a start.  It's much harder than I imagined to come up with new ways.  Suggestions are welcome.
 
Anyway, have a lovely Sunday, whatever you are doing.  I can hear my jacket potato calling!
 
Thanks for popping in x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I love all your floral colour. Well done on giving so much back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marlene, I hope to do so much more x

      Delete
  2. What beautiful flowers, especially nice as they have been given in thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are much appreciated, Chickpea. I love flowers x

      Delete
  3. What lovely gifts from your neighbours and friends, shows you are appreciated, I just love flowers, I have been treating myself to daffs once a week , they are only a £1.00, so bright and cheery, hope you are well lol Marlene.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marlene. Yes, daffs are so cheap and cheerful at the moment. Well done for treating yourself x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx