Tuesday 23 December 2014

Selfish Behaviour

First of all a big welcome to my new followers: ribenaruby and simplesuffolksmallholder,  thanks for clicking :)

What a mild day we have had today.  I took the opportunity to finish my pre-Christmas errands and the town was so festive and full of Christmas music that it fair lifted my spirits.  I made my last 2 Advent gifts....



Day #23 was a pretty glass dish that I really like but have no real room to display
Day #24 (paid in advance) was a read-once book which might make someone a nice gift

Both went to the Heart Foundation charity shop along with the other bits I had put aside.  I have tried to share out my giving among several charities as they are all worthwhile in different ways but does anyone else feel that you have to spread yourself a bit thin in the charity giving stakes?  I have my favourites, of course, but there are so many charities doing good out there that I feel guilty not being able to help them all in some way.

Today I witnessed something incredibly selfish.  I decided I needed a pot of tea in town and popped into the local Marks & Sparks coffee shop.  It's always so very busy and I struggled to find a seat but managed to get one eventually.  Next to me was a lone woman at a table for 4, bum on one seat, bags on another, coat on a third but no food or drink.  After about 15 minutes a man turned up who was remonstrated with for being late.  After some discussion (which I could overhear without straining ;)  the man suggested getting some complimentary water to put on the table.  At the counter is a jug of tap water, glasses, and slices of lemon from which you are free to indulge.  The woman brought not 2 glasses but 4 to make the table look fully occupied before she ordered 2 hot drinks for them.  I left a couple of minutes later without making any comment but I was sorely tempted.....  would you have been brave enough ?

Thanks so much for popping in x



4 comments:

  1. I may well have said something and would have expected a mouthful back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been tempted but it would have been pointless. People can always justify their behaviour to themselves however selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some weird people around, that's for sure.
    Have a Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your posts. Hope you all have a brilliant Christmas too x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx